Our Story

How it all started...

It was during WWII, in late 1943, that the vision for a church in the downtown area began within the heart of Rev. Robert C. Sellers, Pastor of First Assembly of God in Little Rock, Arkansas.  Property was secured at 9th and Louisiana streets, which included a two-story apartment house and a rental house.  The first open-air meeting was held June 18, 1944, by the Rev. James and Mrs. Hammil, from Memphis, TN.  
On December 4, 1945 an organizational meeting was held in a vacant room in the apartment house for those individuals living within the area and who had expressed an interest in a downtown church, with ten adults present.  Regular meetings were conducted each Tuesday night in a vacant room of the apartment house.  On April 23, 1946, a building permit was secured for the church.  On May 5, 1946 a dedication of the property was held and ground was broken.  July 9, 1946, Central Assembly of God was set in order by Rev. E.B. Jones, Sectional Presbyter, with thirteen original members. 
 
On Sunday, May 2, 1976, the congregation voted to purchase a new 8-acre campus site located at Highway 10 and Rodney Parham, just west of I-430, for the purpose of relocating the church.  This property was purchased for $270,000. 
 
On May 22, 1983 there was a special called business meeting at the conclusion of the evening service.  The church body voted to change the church’s name from Central Assembly of God to Trinity Church of the Assemblies of God.  The current location was dedicated to the glory of God and made the new home of Trinity Church in September, 1985.

Where we are today

2014-2020

TAG Church tripled in size and continues to experience a perpetual revival, under the leadership of Pastor Dwayne Maynard.  We believe the best days for TAG Church are between now and return of our Lord Jesus Christ.  You are making history with us!   

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 10 am.